“Our current message series is all about 180 degree turn-a-rounds in life.
Sometimes a 180° turnaround can mean a change in our thinking. We are thinking one way: maybe about a problem or a person. We think about them in a certain way and then something happens, something changes and we do a 180. We change the way we think about that problem or that person.
Sometimes we do a 180 when it comes to behaviors: you’re carrying a lot of debt and you stop spending and get out of debt. And in the process you change your behavior when it comes to shopping and purchases, and adjust your attitude about wanting so much stuff.
Sometimes it’s a reversal in fortunes. Sometimes it’s a change in lifestyles. Sometimes it’s a change in circumstances that changes everything.
180 reversals are always interesting but often they can also be a surprise. We can be surprised by an unexpected reversal. That’s was Jesus’ whole life, just a series of reversals.
When Jesus went into a town everyone knew it – everything came out and took notice. He attracted huge crowds. People wanted to touch him, they wanted to be around him and listen to him. People who were nothing like him liked him.
Here’s why…the Bible tells us:
“He went about doing good and healed all those oppressed by the devil.”
- He brought good out of evil
- He won freedom for those who were enslaved
- He gave sight to the blind.
In other words, he effected 180 degree change everywhere he went. He turns stuff around, that’s what he did and that’s what he does. Whoever you are, whatever your story, that’s what he can do, he can turn stuff around.
- Maybe you’re enslaved to an addiction or a bad habit. He has the power to free you from that enslavement.
- Maybe you feel blind, your job feels like a dead end. Maybe you don’t even have a job. He has the power to bring clarity to you vision of the future.
- Maybe relationally you’re wrecked right now. He has the power to restore your relationships.
- Maybe your heart is hurt. He has the power to heal your heart and make it whole.
He can turn stuff around. He can turn your stuff around.
That’s what he did and that’s what he does. Start talking to him about it.
PS: Stay posted to this blog for a big announcement, coming soon. You will be the first to know the news.